White tee and distressed denim- A&F
Purse- Ann Taylor
Bracelet- David Yurman
Hey guys, thanks so much for stopping by! I don’t know about you but it’s still in the 100’s where I live, so safe to say I won’t be putting away any summer clothes any time soon.
One accessory that continues to be an all time favorite for me is a scarf. To me a scarf is a timeless piece, one that can be dressed up or down, that you can wear with any classic look, at any time, in any season. When I saw this one from Nordstrom, I immediately fell in love with the satin detail and bold bright colors. It’s continued to be my go to accessory this summer, and I keep finding ways to incorporate it in my everyday looks. It’s as simple as tying it around your neck or on a purse, but makes such a statement and adds the perfect feminine touch to any look.
Below I listed the top 5 ways that I have styled scarves this summer. Each one is as simple as the next but can make such a difference in your overall look. Also rounded up some up and coming pieces to transition to fall this year.
- In your ponytail: With constant hot weather these last few months my hair is rarely ever down (at least all day that is). I love the effortlessness of a ponytail pulled back with a scarf or even a half up half down look. This has probably been my go to style this summer because who has time to do your hair #amiright? I also love this look poolside or lakeside to add some fun print to a more simple suit.
2. On your purse: When it’s not in my hair it’s usually tied on my purse. I love how a scarf looks around a basket purse filled with flowers or even a travel bag for a weekend getaway.
3. On your belt-loop: I’ve even seen some people tie it around their pants like a belt, such a fun way to add some of your own style and pizzazz to it
4. Around your neck: More of a basic way to wear a scarf but several different ways you can style it. Wear it to the side with a scoop neck tee or in the center for a longer one (goes great with a classic button up).
5. Why knot tie it in your hair? Last but knot least (get it) is tying it on top of your hair! Just like you do with a bandana tying a little bow at the top adds that extra fun and feminine touch. Even move the bow to the back for a different take on the look.
Tip- pull hair from the back to the front and secure with bobby pins(:
If you’ve been on the hunt for the perfect scarf I rounded up my top 10 favorites from my go to stores (all pretty affordable too)
- White House Black Market –This one would be so cute for work
2. Madewell– Always one of my go to stores for scarves
Similar one to mine:
3. Nordstrom– Added this little number to my cart
Kate Spade (obviously)
And of course had to add a Rebecca Minkoff
4. Ann Taylor- Love these bright colors for summer! I would pair this with an all white outfit
This one is a must for fall (all things cheetah post coming in the next few months (stay tuned))
5. J. Crew- Give me allll the floral print!!
Another favorite! Will be copying this look as soon as fall hits!!
And that’s it! Hope you guys enjoyed reading and got a little inspiration on how you can add your own style with a scarf. Let me know which way is your favorite, and thanks again for following along, love you guys!!